Friday, June 6, 2014

CPJ Protection of Journalist

        When learning the CPJ: Protection of Journalist, I was complete shock. I learned that America is one of the few countries that believes in freedom of press. Journalist have to be extremely careful while writing a story in another country. When going on the website, I saw different news articles about Journalist either being killed or kidnapped. This lesson opened my eyes that being a journalist is not as easy as it seems. It is actually very dangerous. Journalists put their lives on the line to get the truth to the public. It is very brave for them to do that.  One story that surprised me the most was the David Pearl Story. He was a jewish journalist in a Pakistani. He was kidnapped, held hostage and taped killed on tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment